This pak is focused on preventing postpartum hemorrhage in low-resource settings. It contains a set of simple tools to stuff in a suitcase or backpack. The tools in this pak are meant to be used in addition to a standard midwifery kit. The kit includes the following:
• power: a windable mobile phone charger to call for help or referral
• light: a solar powered headlamp with adjustable visor to see births
• a calibrated drape to measure blood loss (this can be sterilized with bleach but is not
• WHO Colour Scale to detect anemia (comes with 200 test strips)
• Reminder Cards on the Active Management of the Third Stage of Labor
First we want to ask, do you want to DONATE or INVEST to help get these paks to the 10 worst-off countries?
Making a pak for remote health workers in Africa, Asia and Latin America requires thinking outside a typical health kit, because some solutions to life-threatening issues lie outside the medical field . In many low-resource settings, drugs and medical personnel are in short supply, but so are key things like light and power.