It all started with friendly bet amongst friends – who could get a cork out of an empty wine bottle with only a plastic bag? The friends had seen the trick on YouTube earlier and wanted to re-enact it.
Somehow, Saving Lives at Birth finalist Jorge Odon, an Argentinian car mechanic with no medical background, drew a connection between the trick and obstructed labor, which is a major contributor to maternal mortality. The idea came to him in the dead of the night. Inspired, he woke up his wife to share his idea.
This full obstetric carry-on comes in backpack or duffel for easy carry on Please contact us before ordering as we are not selling the kit into all countries (note that the kit is not for use in the United States). The obstetric kit includes the following:
- Blood pressure unit in case
- Stethoscope in vinyl zipper bag (has different attachments for adult/ child/infant)
- Solar headlamp
- Supply of Gauze pads
- DeLee Mucus trap (for gentle manual suctioning of meconium)
- 15 pairs latex free/powder free vinyl gloves
- 6 suture sets
- Vaginal specula
- Tissue Forceps
- Universal scissors
- Lubricant (20 sterile packets)
- 2 Sharp/blunt scissors
- 10 ziplock freezer bags